Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: January 01, 2011

First time to cruise and it couldn't have been better. Way better than what I expected. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was easy to get around and had activities to do. My group was never bored. We didn't want to leave the ship on the last morning.

Pros: the food!

Cons: the charges

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The size was just right for me and my husband, we were on the riveria deck which was the lowest for guest. At first I was upset we weren't high enough or didn't have a view, but in the end, I'm glad we were on the bottom towards the inner section because I did not feel the rock of the boat and felt the least motion sickness, which I suffered from during my trip. We did however was dissappoint when we had to rearrange the bed, after phoning my stateroom attentend that we only had two guest in the room instead of three, they never came to remove the third bed. We pushed it to the side and left it there, but that didn't really bother us since it wasn't in our way.
We enjoyed the showgirls and the comedy shows. We did have to arrive early if we wanted seats though. Every activities was listed on our morning itenary, making it easy to pick and choose which one we wanted to attend.
The names of the level was hard to get when I was on the elevator since it was initialed and numbered. We had lots of trouble getting to the right floors. After maybe the second day was when we finally figured it out with ease. The size was very big, lot more bigger than I thought it was going to be. Very clean and well maintained through out the cruise.
The best part about this trip was the food. The buffet was simple enough where we knew what we were eating and had something new to try at the same time. Everything looked clean and well prepared. Dining time was the greatest thanks to our very pleasent wait team who did an excellent job. Timing was good and all our food was good. It was fun to try all th new food I would have never tried back at home.
All the staff were friendly and greeted you everytime you passed them. Each one understood enough English and was able to help me when needed. It was interesting to meet the staff and find which country they were from. Loved the mixed diversity.