Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Price, Great Value, Great Cruise

Sail Date: January 30, 2011

My finance and I just got home yesterday from our cruise to the Bahamas departing from Port Canveral, FL. We cruised on the Carnival Sensation from 1/30 - 2/3/11. I booked this cruise for a great price and I believe we received great value.The food on this cruise was very good compared to other cruises I have been on. I enjoyed lobster with shrimp, mahi mahi, salmon, flat iron steak, thai barbque, etc. you name it I ate it! The cruise had a complimentry sushi bar which was offered on two occasions during the trip and you bet I took advantage, and it was excellent, very fresh! The overall condition of the boat is just okay, you tell its on of the older ships, it has chipping paint, and has been painted in outdated colors. The service is good, our room attendant cleaned our room twice a day and provided turndown every night for us which was great. He also made an animal figure out of towel daily which my finance got a kick out of. All food servers provided great service, they were very efficient. However, the pool attendants were a little annoying asking us if we wanted a drink every two seconds. The drinks are overpriced and extra small. The ports we stopped in were Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas. At our first stop, which was Freeport we were surprised to learn there was no beach right when you get off the boat, which was kind of a bummer because we didn't want to spend any money the first day because we planning an expensive excursion the next day. Oh well! To get to the beach, you have to get a cab ($5.00 per person each way) and go to Port Lucaya which has shopping and a beach, its about 15 minutes away from the ship. The second stop was Nassau, there is a straw market which offers a lot of bargain shopping. There was also Senior Frogs, and beaches in close walking distance. My finance and I decided to purchase day passes and go to Atlantis. Atlantis was extremely expensive, but totally worth it!! All said in done with the day passes, lunch, drinks, cab rides, it was around $400.00. The day pass included access to the water park, beaches, and aquariums. Atlantis was amazing, it has the best water park i have ever expeirenced. The beaches were so beautiful and clean and the aquarium was awesome as well! All in all this cruise was great and my finance and I had a awesome time! I highly recommend~

Pros: the food

Cons: the expense of the transfers from orlando airport to the cruise ship

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!