Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sensation is name; Sensational it's not!

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

My husband and I have cruised several times in the past on different Cruise Lines this was our first on Carnival. We took a couples trip with other friends some of them had never cruised before. The first thing I noticed getting on the ship was the smell of sewage. It seem to be present walking through the ship areas, and even while we were watching the entertainment. The pool area was very small, 1 pool for the entire ship. There were a private area for adults but that one only had two hot tubs not pools. I never even got in my swimsuit. The food was average but the lines were really long to get to the food. On a postive note the rooms were a lot bigger than our other rooms and they were very clean and our stateroom attendant was great! The staff in generally was friendly and helpful working with a small on thier faces at all times; a couple even called us by name everywhere they saw us. The pictures were easy to get taken on formal night and thier were a great variety however they were a little prices 22.00 for each 8X10. The decor in the main areas and lounges is outdated. Their was always something to do from Bingo, Casino, Spa was beautiful, Art Shows, Comedy Clubs, Karokee, Dance Clubs, Dancing Lessons and much much more. This Cruise is ok is you are on a budget and are maybe testing out a cruise to make sure you don't get sick on the seas. But if you are looking for the total cruise experience, where you are blown away with the service, food, atmosphere I would not recommend the Sensation on the Carnival Line.

Pros: Service by staff, room size, variety of things to do.

Cons: smell on ship; interior design outdated, food was average

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.