Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

I would not recommend nor ever sail on a

Sail Date: September 16, 2010

I had attempted to complain to guest services unpleasant odors and the safe conditions at the water slide and then again, in defense of my wife, and the final night to the maitrede, although I recognized that I was at fault for not having proper attire; I wanted to make the point that the vessel had not even come close to living up to expectations, I was disgruntled that other rules were by in large ignored and poor supervision made certain situations unsafe. Yet Carnival management pushed back in calling my state room to explain they had a company policy and without regret adhered to guidelines.

Apparently its less distracting to allow a woman to sit at her table upset and crying rather that allow a gentleman to be seated on formal night in shorts.

Pros: few

Cons: various

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

small and cramped for 3 adults, but we knew that up front
We embarked on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral, before even leaving port we were disappointed; the vessel's age was likely reason to blame for moldy and stale smells of cigarette smoke that embodied the ship; coupled with intermittent occasional pungent smells of raw sewage that greeted us while traversing the cabin area hallways made our experience most unpleasant.
Without an attendant to direct passengers, meal times were also a source of frustration. Carnival creates confusion by setting up tray and plate stations at each end and in the middle of all buffet lines guests enter from all directions and are left to fend for themselves. I witnessed several incidents of hard feelings and harsh words because of conceived line jumping.
On formal night I was refused dinner seating with my family, who already had been seated because I had not thought to bring long pants on a Caribbean vacation, I was dismissed by the maitrede, my wife sat at the table and cried. At that dinner my wife ordered rare prime rib, her brother the steak; the prime rib came well done and was sent back, the steak was served but was too tough for Doug to eat, when her dinner arrived she swapped meals with him, upset and unsatisfied they left before dessert.
Without proper supervision at the water slide, the area became dangerous and unusable for my handicapped brother-in-law, where after only 3 rides on the smaller slide, the larger was not open due to high winds, rowdy-ed up children crossing over the slides rather that going around and running then pushing on the stairwells were contently knocking him down.
no issues