Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

fine for 1st time cruisers

Sail Date: June 26, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise, so I didn't know what to expect. I thought the rooms were very spacious and the beds were quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and despite the funky wet carpet smell in the halls, they kept things pretty clean. Programs for the 12 year olds were 'lame' according to my son and nephew, but my 8 yr. old had fun in her group. The ship tried to provide something for everyone, which was nice. The only downfall, in my opinion, was the food wasn't as good as it could've been. We ate dinner in the dining room the first 2 nights; the steak was tough and hard to cut, even at medium rare. The lobster tails were teeny tiny and over cooked. I know you get what you pay for, but come on! The prime rib, however, was delicious as was the molton chocolate cake and dessert souffle' .The demeanor of the staff altered quite a bit on the last night at the buffet. It was almost as if they knew the end was near, so they kind of quit trying to please. They had penne pasta with a lobster sauce on the menu, but pretended like they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked. Only one side was opened and then at the 11 pm buffet, it didn't even have any food ready until almost 11:40 and then it just turned out to be burgers.
Other passengers who had cruised before said Carnival has really gone downhill. I think it's fine for a first time cruiser- lets you know whether you like them or not. I think I'm going to save up for a fancier cruise next time, though.

Pros: snorkling excursion & beautiful water

Cons: the loudness of the contests on the lido deck when trying to relax near the pool

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

don't miss the snorkel excursion! beautiful water is like heaven. if you've got hair, get it braided. Unless you feel like being badgered every 20 seconds, skip the straw market. It was kind of creepy....
Don't Miss: snorkeling excursion