Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Stinker of a Ship

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

This was our 3rd cruise. We have cruised with Carnival in the past. There was an awful odor throughout the ship. I heard many passengers complaining about this too. The food and service in the formal dining room was fabulous. The buffet served on the Lido/pool deck was not so great. Items that were to be served cold were luke warm. Another drawback is that only water, ice tea, and sometime lemonade were offered on the Lido deck. Sodas were outrageous. The price of beer and cocktails were expensive.
There serval occassions that a particular item on the schedule would not take place. The staff never made an announcement that the activity was to be cancelled.
The wooden floor of the Lido deck stayed totally discusting. I heard serveal mothers over the course of the cruise, tell their children not to walk around barefoot. The public restrooms were never cleaned. SO GROSSSS!!!!!!

Disembarkation was a mess. Passengers were informed as what would need to be done in regards to luggage, customs forms, etc. in order to get off the ship. Once in the area where we were to find our luggage, the circus began. There must have been 10 or so employees telling you to get in this line, the another saying, no , get in this line. It was chaos!! We, the passengers had no idea what to. We surely didn't feel we should be yelled at. I saw several elderly people being shoved around. They were so confused. The staff was so disrespectful!! Hopefull, this part of disembarkation can be planned in a more orderly fashion.

As I mentioned, I've been on several cruises. I asure you, this will be the last with Carinval.
For the money spent on sodas and on average 3-4 cocktails a day, I would have been better off vacationing at an all inclusive resort.

Pros: Service

Cons: Constant odor throughout...very bad

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.