Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sensation was not Sensational

Sail Date: March 18, 2007

After more than 40 cruises, I consider myself to be semi knowledgeable!! I found this ship to be underwhelming. There was a terrible odor throughout the ship(sewage), there was VERY little evening entertainment, and what there was, was not diversified. The few live bands all catered to rock, instead of having a musical variety for varied guests. Pool was closed all day in Freeport(not unusual for Carnival to do this). Staff was quite stiff and not very friendly, except for dining room. Our waitstaff there was phenomenal and the food WAS excellent. However, I would definitely not recommend this ship-it really should be retired. Even 4-5 day cruisers deserve newer ships to choose from.

Pros: Meals were excellent

Cons: Ship had a terrible odor, very little evening entertainment

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not impressed.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not impressed.
Listen, if you want to shop Bay Street is fun-not clean, but fun to shop. However, I didn't find any great bargains there. Not overly impressed with the way Nassau has been run down.