Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice weekend get-away

Sail Date: March 22, 2007

This was my second time on this ship. The service and attitude of most of the people was not up to expectation. Last year it was wonderful. This trip even the guests that we encountered noticed the difference. This being a quick weekend getaway, for those of us fortunate enough to live in Florida, many were repeat guests. I don't know if there is new leadership but our waiter basically did his job, though it was not unusual that we had to ask more than once for water, coffee, or part of our order. The first night was a little rough at sea so they cancelled the show, due to safety. This was understandable, however the comedians both the first and second night made inappropriate gestures and comments during the "family early show". The last night's show was outstanding. Throughout the ship it seemed that most of the crew we encountered were not happy and preferred to be elsewhere.
I would give it another chance due to the previously great experiences that I've had.

Pros: Economical and Provisions

Cons: Two of the Three night's Entertainment

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The Atlantis makes this port worthwhile. The straw market is more like a flea market than when it was at the dock, before it burned down.
Don't Miss: Take a cab to "The Atlantis" hotel and walk through the aquariums, then go onto the wonderful beaches. My sister liked the casino as well.