Highlights of the Carnival cruise

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 21, 2006
Ship: Carnival Sensation
This was my second cruise and Carnival did a great job. They really had great staff, that is what stuck out to me the most. Our waiter for the sit-down dinners was fantastic and made the experience. I loved the port of Nassau where we stopped, and the cruise did a good job of setting us up for a fun day in port with shopping advice, planned trips and available assistance. The entertainment was good. I really enjoyed the 80's show on the last day, however the first show, 'Curves', was not well done and unejoyable. The comedians were great and BINGO and the casino were great additions. Some added perks, were the coffee shop, the sushi bar and the fun music everywhere you went on the ship. Overall, the Sensation is a good boat; it is not luxurious, the staterooms could use an update, but it is adaquate for a trip in which you do not spend too much time in the staterooms. I had a great time and thought it was well-done.
I had a great time in the Bahamas. The area was clean and friendly. We started by going on a historical tour, which was mediocre. We had a good tour guide, but the trip was long and there wasn't much to see. When we stopped at different locations the tour guide didn't tell us about them. My sister and I went snorkling afterward and that was amazing, the water was delightful and the tour well-done. The straw market was so alive and full of action and great shopping. I was especially excited to see a Starbucks on port! :)
Don't Miss: snorkling
Don't Miss: snorkling

Pros: The dinners, the service, the Bahamas, the hot tubs, the entertainment

Cons: The day-time food, the art auction, the state rooms

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!