Carnival Sensation Cruise Review

posted 11-06-2000 02:57 PM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------This was mine and my husbands first cruise and it was WONDERFUL! We enjoyed every minute of it!We did our own air (because it was a lot cheaper), so we flew into Tampa the night before and stayed at The Chase Suites. We had a really nice room overlooking the bay.Embarktion:We got to the pier at 10:45AM and there were already about 20 people there. We waited in a small line where they make sure you have filled everything out correctly and then you wait until they say you can go upstairs. Once upstairs you go through a line to give them your cruise tickets and then another line to get your key. All of this only took 10 minutes. Then you wait in a huge lounge until they are ready for you to get on the ship. While waiting you can look out the window at the whole side of the ship. We were able to get on the ship at noon.We had booked a 4A guarentee and was upgraded to a 4C. I thought the room was nice size (bigger then I excpected). We dropped off our stuff and headed to the Seaview grill for lunch (which was good).I had heard so much negative comments about the decor of the ship that I was prepared for the worst BUT I found it to be beautiful! I loved the purples and thought it was very classy looking in decor. The ship was very clean!I loved the food in the dining room! The service was wonderful also. We ate in there every evening. The food in the Seaview wasn't as good but it was great when you wanted to eat in your bathing suit by the pool and didn't mind a burger or cafeteria type food. The pizza was good also. You could go in the seaview and get lemonade, juice and coffee at any time.The shows were pretty good. There were 3 different comedians and all were very funny that the whole family could enjoy! They did R rated comedy shows at midnight for adults only.Grand Caymen:We took a taxi to 7 Mile Beach (which was beautiful). It cost $5.00 to get into a beach club with a chair and you could rent snorkle equipment for $10.00. The snorkeling was okay but not as good as in Cozumel. We just enjoyed a day in the sun on the beach.Cozumel:We did the Non certified scuba dive and it was GREAT! After that they gave us snorkle equipment and we spent the day there (Corona Beach Club). We saw alot of beautiful fish and sealife! Then we went back to the ship to shower, change and eat lunch and then back to town for shopping. We got alot of cheap souviners here.New Orleans:You dock outside of a huge mall. You can take a train or taxi or walk to the french quarters. We just walked around most of the day. We went to the French Market and Cafe Dumonde. We also bought masks and beads for the mardi gras party on the ship that night. That was alot of FUN!There were tons to do at the days at sea (Not so newlywed game, TV trivia, music trivia, knobby knee contest, harry chest contest, bingo, ice sculpture classes, galley tours, kareokee and alot more).We really enjoyed our cruise! It was a very relaxing and entertaining vacation. We will definately cruise again!