Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

a great time

Sail Date: February 18, 2007

I was very familiar with the Sensation since I had been a passenger on the 3 day cruise two years ago. The ship is beautiful and clean. The food was very good and our waiter was very pleasant. THe staff is friendly and enjoyable.

Pros: the warm weather!

Cons: the room steward

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

My two teenagers both enjoyed their teen groups. I think there is room for improvement in the activities schedule.
I was disappointed with the service in my stateroom. This was my 7th cruise and the first time I have had poor service. There was no shampoo; the soap dispenser didn't work. I had to request an additional bar of soap on the second day. When I asked for a spare roll of toilet paper, the room steward asked to see my bathroom! (I wasn't planning to take it as a souveneir.)
The comedians were funny. I wasn't impressed with the Carnival performances. One of the biggest disapppointments was the scheduling of activities. I had the late seating for dinner (8:00) and missed many of the guest games, etc. because of it. That has never been a problem before.
I enjoyed the Sensation very much.
The food at dinner was delicious. I was surprised to find there was only open seating for lunch the day at sea. The only thing available was a buffet in the Seaview Grill.
I found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
There is not much to do in Freeport.
The Breakneck Beach was enjoyalble.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
There is not much to do in Freeport.
The Breakneck Beach was enjoyalble.