Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Terrific way to vacation with loved ones

Sail Date: April 01, 2006

My first cruise was on the Fantasy so I knew what to expect when my extended family booked this one. My 49 year old brother and his wife had never been on a cruise before and he really was not excited about it ahead of time. That all changed once he came aboard! The staff, entertainment, food and port of calls were all impressive to all of us. My brother especially warmed up after he won $800.00 at BINGO one night and a "his and hers" matching gold necklace and braclet at another.

We rented scooters on Grand Turk Island. Getting out on our own and seeing what the area is really like and talking to the locals was one of the highlights of our trip. Even my 69 year old mother enjoyed her view from the back. It was great!

I thought Nassau was pretty but the people we interacted with while there were less than pleasant. Though no fault of Carnival cruiseline I would have liked another stop better. This was my third trip to the Bahamas and I think I will make it my last. It's pretty dirty and not very friendly the times I have visited.

The embarkation process was painless. The new process of departing at the end of the cruise is much better than in the past. You just walk going to designated spots or waiting for your color to be called.

Pros: Food and entertainment. I also enjoyed the shops. I would put the cabin stewards and dinner staff at the top of my list of favs. I truly enjoyed the games on deck and the band. I have been on several carnival cruises and I always enjoy the talent show....some of them are VERY entertaining!

Cons: Although I realize the necessity of it, I don't enjoy the emergency drill.

The performers in the Broadway type show on this cruise was exceptional.
The staff on my previous cruises have always been one of the highlights and this cruise was no exception. Thank you, Ritho, for doing such a teriffic job as our steward and to Beatrice and Renard for the great service at dinner.