Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Review of Cruise

Sail Date: August 20, 2006

The ship was smaller in size. There was excellent night-time entertainment, especially the comedians. During the day, there was not too much to do on the ship and got boring at times. The food was great. I especially liked the dining room I was assigned to and the wait staff was exceptional. I did not like the fact that the pool was ocean water. It was not refreshing to jump into salty water. Another thing I did not like about the ship was that there was large amount of kids.

Pros: The Food

Cons: The salt water pool and all the kids on the ship

Nightly entertainment was excellent, especially the comedians. There was not too much to do on the ship during the day and it could get boring at times.
The layout of the ship was a little confusing at times. I really did not know where I was going until the end of the cruise.
The food was great and there was a large variety. There were four separate dining times and the dining rooms were lovely. The wait staff was exceptional.
There was a basket of amenities in the bathroom that contained such things as razors, energy drink powder to mix with water, sample of Dove hair gel, packages of Gold Bond powder, floss, and mouthwash. The shower had shampoo and conditioner dispensers on the wall. The bed was extremely comfortable. The comforter was down along with the pillows. Very nice.
All staff aboard the ship were extremely friendly. They were always willing to help and very very helpful. Most were always smiling.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I went snorkeling once we arrived on this island. Besides booking excursions there is nothing to do on this island. It was run down and mostly vacant.
The Atlantis Hotel was beatiful. There is a waterpark, large pool, private beach, lazy river, aquarium, and shark tank. However you can not participate in any of these unless you are a guest of the hotel. Prices for one night range from $350 to $25,000. In my opinion it was a waste of time just to visit the hotel. The beach was nice. There was soft white sand and crystal clear green water. The public beach was pretty vacant. Near the port, there were suveneir shops and local bars. Besides booking excursions, there was not that much to do on the island.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island