Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

My First Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

The ship was smaller than I expected and not as much to do with your free time. But, that's ok. I found it very disappointing that the people you spoke to when planning your cruise and everything you read said again and again that dress code would be enforced in the dining room. Therefore, you had to pack extra clothes to look nice. OK, that makes dinner nice. BUT, I didn't appreciate that they let others in in jeans AND shorts. These people should have been sent to the buffet. There were other options for dinner, and the staff should have stuck by the dress code. Also, when we called ahead, we were told there would be certain amenities (i.e. lotion) like you find in hotels in the cabins. There wasn't and we were told that it wasn't available when we got on board. Again, just give a clear message so your guests know how to pack.

Also - the ship appeared clean most of the time, but the smell of sewage was very prominent a lot of the time - even on the first day.

For the most part, the food was ok. Some nights were great, others it was so-so. I think the staff was very friendly, and our room steward did a great job. I would definitely try Carnival again, but a different cruise line.

Pros: The staff was very nice and friendly. The room was a surprisingly nice size.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

Singers were great - dancers need serious assistance with choreography. Second show - what was that????
Room steward was awesome!!!! Always asked if we needed anything - and if he could provide it, he did!!!