Carn. Sensation Wheelchair Unaccessible

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: November 01, 2009
The ship "looked" great. Wheelchair access poor to nonexistent. Crew acted disgusted that I could not walk up stairs to table in dining room. When I requested a real wheelchair accessible room I was told no one else had a problem which was not true. 2 other passengers had the same trouble I did. The supervisor followed me to my room because she did not beleive me. When she saw there was a problem I was told I should have taken a bigger ship and I should have asked for the dimensions of the room. I asked for and paid extra for a wheelchair accessible cabin and that is not what I got.

I was in my wheelchair and continually asked if I could walk. Was told by a supervisor I should have taken another ship.

Ship smelled of sewage periodically.

shower leaked into stateroom. Carpet stayed wet and smelled terrible. They put a big blower in my room which worsened the accessibility issue.

Cons: "wheelchair accessible" cabin was not. Could not get into bathroom. No seat in shower as advertised. Pool and hot tubs inaccessible. When portable ramps required I was asked "can't you walk." Very poor.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.