Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruise from and to Hell

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

I am a strong believer in a honest review, and this is honest and to the point. First, my wife and I have cruised on Carnival for over 10 years (5 cruises), and our first cruise togther was on our honeymoon back in September 2000. We cruised to the bahama's, but when we arrived in Port in Nassau back then it was closed due to the death of the Prime Minister, so we decided to do it again, BIG MISTAKE! You'd think after 5 cruises Carnival would change their activities and etc, but not a single thing has changed except for raising prices. Open your eyes people, EVERYTHING is geared around how they can extract your hard earned money, not your enjoyment. First incident was we decided to purchase the unlimited COKE for two at $24.00 each. At the same desk we purchased two hot & cold drink cups at $4.95 each. this was placed on our sail & sign card, and that evening we get a notice to see quest services. I proceed to the desk, and inquire why, and they tell me I purchased $70.00 and have no charge card on my account. Thats is because we setup a CASH account, and when I asked to see our charges, there was a charge of over $7.00 gratuties for buying unlimited coke package. I said are you crazy, we get our own coke from the bar, not a server (btw ..the bartenders hate you when you ask and show your coke sticker and ignore you because they are not getting a gratuity). Next they charge me FLorida sales tax and gratuity for the drink cups. We were out of port by over three miles, so why are they charging taxes and gratuities on a item? I was furious, and told them I will not purchase another thing from this cruise or ship, and we didn't. We did receive a refund back at the end of cruise. Next, my wife get sick from eating the food at Seaview Grille (food poisoning) and I get sick two days later from the same food service. With the H1N1 virus going around, we took our own GermX and used to often, so we didnt get sick from toucing something, it was clearly the food. During this cruise and the cruises we took years ago, not a single thing has changed except food service cutbacks. I never seen so many trivia shedules in my life, everything trivia this and that. Same old hairy chest contest (to promote buying the video), same shoving a camera in your face to buy photo's, same not so newlywed game with cheap plastic trophy's and medallions. This cruise company profits over 1 billion a quarter in earnings, think they would provide something of worth which they profit from. The pool is tiny, the hot tub not clorinated but once a day (no continous filter). Had a juggler in one show who was lousy and obnoxios, along with a comedian/magician. First show was good...thats it ! Our stateroom was not as advertized, had two beds anchored to the wall which was not shown on website. You'd also think after 5 cruises they would be kind enough to upgrade us, but instead lied to us telling us the ship was full (over 100 rooms). Getting back to be food poisoned, did you know the same people that scrub your toilet also serves the food? Judge for yourself, but we will NEVER step foot on a Carnival ship EVER AGAIN. Last, on debarkation, the SELF ASSIST people were crammed into the exit area's of deck seven including in the elevators. If there had been a fire, no doubt many deaths would have occurred. Do they really care about you or your $$$. You decide.

Pros: Getting Off

Cons: Everything

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.