Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Don"t Waste Your Time and Money

Sail Date: May 07, 2009

Room Type: Suite

The Sensation was suppose to have been renovated recently....I for one could not tell. The ship is just to small for the number of passengers they stuff onboard. This was my third trip on this boat and I swear everything seems to get worse each time.

Pros: The weather was nice!!!!

Cons: Just about everything else

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.

As I said this ship is too small for the number of passengers. There is very little to do if you don't drink and/or gamble. The layout of the ship is tolerable however this renovation that was done is not so obvious...the ship is just old. Most places on the ship are hard to get to and the traffic patterns are directed poorly.
Food on a ship is food on a ship....if your looking for 5 star dining THIS AIN'T IT. Not to be overly critical of the food....it seems to not measure up to past trips. The avaliability of food seems to get shorter and shorter.....1 1/2 hours to feed 2400 people for breakfast and then it is gone. Let it suffice to say that if you want to sleep a little on your vacation don't plan on eating. The myth you have heard about food all around all the time....not so on carnival anymore. I will say the idea of opening dining in the formal dining room was an improvement over eating at the round table with people you can't stand.
My housekeeping staff was wonderful and I can't say enough good things about them....and that is where it ends. The cruise director this trip was useless...had nothing of any fun planned. The food service staff was the worst I have have ever encountered and it translated to the poor quality of food. Casino staff were not only poorly trained at the table games they were rude if you complained.
Poor...Poor...Poor.....if you don't drink or gamble there is nothing to do. We arrived in Nassau at 12 noon...for no apparent reason and left the next morning at 6...half day wasted and could not even go to the beach and shop the straw market....bad itenerary..I should have checked closer.
Again, just renovated, hard to tell....my room was the same as other trips...balcony suite. Bathroom stunk and it could not be removed although they did try (I think). The chairs on the balcony were so large the we had trouble just opening the door and getting on the balcony...not good.
You must shop the straw market and you must go to Atlantis resort to see the aquarium. Most other shopping is a waste of time and you will be ripped off.
Don't Miss: Atlantis