Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise, Good Value for the $$

Sail Date: May 03, 2009

The ship was clean, the staff were efficient and did a great job. There was as little or as much onboard to do as you like.

Pros: Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons: a few obnoxious "drunk" passengers onboard

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

Ship size was adequate. We did not wait in many lines. It was a bit smaller than the RC ship that we cruised on in the past but it was still very nice. Decor was nice & neat.
We selected an inside cabin because we do not spend too much time in the room. The size was adequate and the attendent kept the room clean & freshened up each day. We were near the front of the ship on the Empress deck - did not have any problems.
There was plenty to do on board. I particualry liked the 80's show by the dancers & singers. Did not care at all for the comedy onboard just a little too rough for my taste I guess - if you go be prepared to hear anything & everything (very adult content).
Great value for the money. We loved the Mongolian buffet - food was cooked right in front of you based on what you picked out. We sampled sushi almost every day. There was always something to eat available and I did not have anything that I considered to be bad. Lobster & Steak was always a good selection and the Chocolate Melting cake was excellent!!!! Our dining room servers "Napa" & Emma were great!! Also I would advise to take advantage of the breakfast & lunch in the formal dining room whenever possible!!!
All of the staff that we met were very friendly and attentive to our needs.
We saw Nassua on our own by walking around the area to see the historic sites . We ate at Twin Brothers at the Fish Fry area of town. Decided to try the conch fritters - food was great and they make the best pina colada that I have ever had!! Also do not miss Paradise Beach - We took a cab there for $10 and spent half the day on the "free beach" there about 1/4 of a mile from Atlantis.
Don't Miss: Paradise Beach -
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
At Freeport we booked a beach excursion just because we were not familiar with the area at all. It was a pleasant day.