Nice, but not really designed for me

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 30, 2009
Ship: Carnival Sensation
I had a nice time on the Sensation. The staff was extremely friendly and the ship was in very good condition. All procedures (check-in, check-out, dinnning, etc) were very well organized and the common areas were clean and the rooms were nice. The fitness center and spa was an unexpected delight, as it was in great condition and had all that you could ask for. Food was good, but not great...but, then you can't expect it to be perfect when they are cooking for over 1,000 people.

However, because the ship was one of the smaller ones in the fleet, everything is more condensed. Only one pool on the whole ship! And, some of the services were packed, because they were limited by space and what they could offer. Only cruising for 3 days is really more of a hassle than vacation. You get there after lunch the first day, do shore excursions the 2nd day, and the 3rd day you know you are leaving the next day, so you never get to relax and take it all in...unless, of course, you are like my girlfriend and just lounge around. But, I like to do as much as possible and you just can't fit it in.

Also, if you are a drinker (like I am), cruising will kill your wallet. You think you are gettting a great deal when you sign up, but then each drink is expensive with gratuity added on every drink, plus a daily gratuity is tacked on. For instance, two signature drinks will cost you around $15 with gratuity, so $18. Even a Diet Coke cost me $4. My Sail & Sign account was almost as much as the cruise! Plus, I am not married, don't have any kids, but I don't want to re-live my college Spring Breaks, so the "clubs" are not really my thing. If you want to chill, but still enjoy drinks, you better be independently wealthy.

Overall, it was a nice time and I would go on a cruise, again. But, not on a smaller ship and it would be for at least 4 days...you just feel rushed the whole time. Also, I would be wiser about the drinks...

See above. Also, you do not have as many options as you think for dining

limited

Probably the best aspect of the cruise

See above, but the ship was very clean and very accesible. Just too small.

The room was great!
Nassau is a typical 3rd World city with a nice beach. I went snorkling, which was a really good time, and I rented a scooter. It was fun and a good way to see the area, but the people are crazy! Open container and right-of-way do not apply. I would recommend going to the area known as Arawak Cay or "Fish Fry". It is a strip of bars and eating spots that is mostly locals. Don't be scared, you can go to Senor Frogs in the States

Pros: cleanliness and hospitality

Cons: expenses

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!