Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good value

Sail Date: March 15, 2009

The atmosphere on this ship is a little weird with all the purple decor everywhere, but after a couple hours it kind of grows on you. Our cabin was pretty roomy compared to other ships I have sailed on and the service was excellent in every department.
We are people who really enjoy the shows on the boats, but this time were left a little "underwhelmed" by the entertainment.

Pros: The ship was clean, service was excellent!

Cons: 8 dollar drinks

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

I thought the shows on this boat were really not very good. We also had 2 comedians as entertainers on our trip and one was very funny while the other didn't appeal to us at all.
The deck activities aren't great, but the gym on this boat is amazing!
Once again, all that purple was a little crazy. Also, the seas were a bit rough on out cruise and the ship definitely reacted. Though, I personally didn't get sick, I knew of a lot of others that did.
As is expected on most cruises, the food (quality and quantity) was great and pretty much available any time you wanted. I felt this particular ship had even more options than most I have been on. This cruise we also had "open dining" which I strongly recommend and would do again every time I get the chance. A person has no assigned time to go to dinner and you can request your table and server if you desire. Awesome.
We got a great upgrade and our room was very nice. Plenty roomy and the bathroom area was a lot more accommodating than that of other boats I have sailed on.
Once again, as expected, the service was impeccable.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
In all fairness, I didn't see much of the port. We purchased a day at an all-inclusive resort. Viva windham. I wouldn't really recommend it. I heard other folks had a good time going into Lucaya and finding things to do there.
The best thing about Nassau is if you can get off the main island and out to a reef or small cay somewhere, there are lots of them. The water is fabulous and all the fish will amaze you. I also enjoyed a short trip over to the atlantis and a harbor walk there. Be wary of the street vendors as you get off the boat. Typical
Don't Miss: sail and snorkel excursion is the best.