Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

a good cruise for the price

Sail Date: March 27, 2008

This is a good cruise for the money but if you want an exceptionally high-quality cruise be prepared to pay much more. Considering the ship was built in 1993 it must have looked dated the day it was launched due to the cheesy 80's interior decor. With the exception of the showroom the live music is pretty forgettable on this ship. The orchestra in the showroom was top-notch, as were the performers and dancers. The deck area is really roomy with comfortable chaise lounges and the Carnival beach towels are so nice I bought one to bring home. I found myself constantly reflecting that to have expected more than I received on this cruise I probably would have had to pay significantly more. Overall, it's a good cruise for the money and we did have fun!

Pros: the deck area and the showroom

Cons: the food and the outdated decor

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

the interior decor was very dated
The lack of live music on the deck was disappointing
The buffet in the Seaview Grill was sub-par and the desserts were cafeteria quality at best
the new bedding was very comfortable and the shower was great with plenty of hot water and good pressure
The staff was great!
We spent most of the day at Atlantis Resort hanging out on the beach and para-sailing. The aquarium at Atlantis was free and it was incredible. An awesome day at the beach!
Don't Miss: Atlantis Resort