SAFE ROBBED BY CARNIVAL EMPLOYEES !!!
Sail Date: June 01, 2007
Reviewed: 8 years ago
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Room Type: Oceanview
1) Waiter at our formal dinner was as friendly and attentive as could be. Even though we only went twice as the food was decent (lobster is always a welcome sight!) I tipped him $20 for his superior service.
2) Pizza was very good along with the adjacent deli sandwich area
3) The 80s show was very entertaining along with the adult comedians.
4) Bed was very comfortable, slept like a rock most nights
5) Played roulette and had a lot of fun with most of the dealers and players, but lost about $350 over 3 nights. Hit for about $250 on the slots at Atlantis in a little over an hour, made up for roulette
Now the fairly bad news:
1) Like we said before, the Lido deck food for the most part was less than appealing or tasty and the staff was for the most part not much better for service (appeared totally apathetic for the most part).
2) We saw kids as young as about six being watched by slightly older siblings/friends as late as after midnight, a lot of the kids not well behaved
3) Didnt hit for jack on the ship slots
4) We will never go to the Bahamas again..Freeport is a dump and in Nassau we only went to Atlantis which was nice, but for us, we will take Aruba anytime for wonderful people, nightlife and shopping.
Now for the NIGHTMARE!
Went to Atlantis resort for the day and paid the $100 each to use the facilities and pool. Left about 11:30 AM and got back around 8 PM and guess what? WE WERE ROBBED!!!! We had $850 stolen out of the cabin safe from my wifes wallet. Now the REAL nightmare begins! Neither of us remembers exactly if we locked the safe, OK, if $850 is the price I pay for being stupid, so be it. Thank God my wifes expensive jewelry and watches were also not taken. The way Carnival treated us afterward is a lesson in being uncaring and screwing the customer. We immediately told the cabin staff to call security and a manager and it took almost 20 minutes for them to show up! One security officer came down, spoke to us, told us to calm down, and then directed us to the pursers desk to fill out forms! So filling out forms is the most important thing at this point, huh? All right, off to the pursers to fill out forms and another hour goes by. Finally the security officer returns with his colleague and they proceed to tear our room apart looking for the missing money! As they are tossing our room (actually twice and three times) they are also insinuating (3 times totally) that maybe our son and his friend stole the money! Lets see, we saw the money before we left and the boys were with us all day. My wife lost it and proceeded to let them know what she thought of their family tree. To the pursers desk 2 hours later where she disappears for 20 minutes to write up a letter instructing us to call Guest Relations (another oxymoron) when we return to port. We follow-up with security to find out 3 people have access to our room but they wont give us any further info. Pretty much vacation is ruined now with 2 days left. Guest relations in Miami was a joke! Offered us 15% off our next cruise and a ship board credit. You have got to be kidding.
Pros: Waiter in the formal dining room
Cons: Virtually complete apathy by employees after having safe robbed of $850
Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.
Click table then swipe to view all columns.
Click table then swipe to view all columns.
|Food and Dining||Formal dining was actually pretty good, waiter we had was the only good thing about the trip (tipped $20 for his 2 days of outstanding and attentive service). Pizza\deli sandwiches were very good. Other buffets on Lido deck were fairly terrible for quality of food (except for breakfast). Hamburgers REALLY greasy.|
|Cabin / Stateroom||Security is apparently not a high priority and honesty is not to be expected.|
|Service and Staff||After having safe robbed of $850 and told only 3 staff members had access to our room, need I continue? Lack of apology and information from security, purser, floor supervisor during incident was outrageous! Accused our son and his best friend (3 times) of possibly stealing money (even though they were with us all day at Atlantis and money was definitely in safe before leaving). Easily the absolute worst experience of customer service I have ever come across.|
|Ship Quality||room was functional, public areas decent|