VERY DISAPPOINTING

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: September 01, 2006
Ship: Carnival Sensation
WE SAILED IN JULY OF '06, BUT THAT'S NOT AN OPTION AT THE END OF THIS REVIEW. I'M 56 YEARS OLD. WHEN WE CAME ABOARD, I WAS STRUCK BY THE DARKNESS OF THE SHIP....DEEP PURPLE. THERE WERE UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN RUNNING IN THE HALLS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS MINIMAL. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, I CALLED & COMPLAINED ABOUT SOMEONE PLAYING LOUD MUSIC, BUT IN REALITY, IT WAS THE SHIP THAT WAS PIPING IN MUSIC IN THE HALLWAY....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!
MAYBE THIS IS A "FUN SHIP" FOR KIDS, BUT NOT FOR US. ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN THEY HAVE "BROADWAY SHOWS" THAT ARE GREAT.
I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MY ENTIRE CRUISE EXPERIENCE WITH CARNIVAL. I DIDN'T LIKE THE LAYOUT OF THE SHIP WITH EVERYTHING OF ENTERTAINMENT STATUS ON ONE FLOOR & LONG HALLWAYS...SEE R.C.'S DECK PLANS ON EACH FLOOR. AND, NO, I DON'T WORK FOR R.C. ... I JUST PREFER IT AND WILL BE SAILING ON IT AGAIN THIS SPRING!

I'D RATHER GO TO DINNER ANY TIME I WANTED TO.

NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL.

SEEMED TO HAVE SOME "ATTITUDE" AT TIMES.

I WAS BAREFOOT IN OUR HALLWAY O N C E AND THE CARPET WAS SATURATED?????

THE STATEROOM WAS BIGGER THAN ROYAL CARIBBEAN. IT WAS VERY COMFORTABLE.

Pros: ONLY THAT I WAS CRUISING & THE DINNER WAS VERY GOOD

Cons: PIPED IN MUSIC IN HALLWAY/MIDDLE OF NIGHT/FINALLY STOPPED. ENTERTAINMENT MINIMAL COMPARED TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN. DARK ATMOSPHERE. CABIN SERVICE NOT AS GOOD AS R.C. KIDS RUNNING IN HALLS MIDDLE OF NIGHT. ROY.CAR.BETTER FOR US ANY DAY!

Recommends Carnival Sensation? No.