Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our first cruise with our pre teen son.

Sail Date: February 14, 2008

This was our second cruise, but the first time with Carnival, and the first time we took our son! The first day our son joined the Circle C group. He is 12, at that age, they come and go as they please. He met friends from all over, one boy from Canada was his best buddy. They hung out the whole time. Our last day on the boat we didnt see our son at all. He had his sail and sign card and ate breakfast and lunch at his leasure. He knew to be at our table at supper time, and to wear dress pants and a collar shirt. They had many activities for the kids. I was afraid there would be no kids in Feb, but there were 51 kids in his age group during Valentines week. If you are planning a cruise with kids, I recomment carnival.

Pros: The overall cruise price was great. My son had the best vacation ever.

Cons: The drink made out of a coconut shaped like a monkey was almost 20.00 the pics are too pricey.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

Our room was plenty big enough, we only were in it at bedtime. Our stateroom attendant had different animals made out of towel on our bed at night, along with the chocolates. One night it was a dog, one night a elephant. My son liked that.
The 80's show was great!! That english lady. the cruise director wasnt very enthusiastic. The black comedian wasnt that great, she sang that "Pussy cat song.. just a friendly little cat" that song was funny the first time I heard it.. about 10 years ago on the Bob and Tom show. Its kind of old now, and overdone.
Alot of BLING!! The glass elevators with the neon lights were fancy. We still had to look at the map sometimes but we learned the ship pretty fast. The decor of the rooms made for great pictures.
My son had lobster tail for the first time. My husband had roast duck one night. Its a great to experience food we dont normally eat. The buffet Breakfast and lunch on the Lido deck was always good too.
Our waiter in the ecscasy dining room was G-man. He was great! He learned our names the first night, and made us feel like we were his only table. All the wait staff sang every night and the last night they danced. Very entertaining.
My sons leader was Elle, and she was great!! His group had dances, scavenger hunts, played texas holdem and black jack. He said this is his best vacation ever. (and we go to Disney or Universal every year)
We went to Atlantis in Nassau. We paid 3.00 per person and rode the water taxi over. That was a nice ride and on the way over to paradise island, the tour guide told us where Nicholas Cage, Oprah, Mick Jagger and Jethro from the Beverly Hill Billies has homes. We went to Atlantis and did the aquaventure.I have always wanted to do the water slide out of the Mayan Temple, through the tunnel in the middle of the shark tank. If you arent familiar with this, go to Atlantis website and look at it, its the coolest thing!! The water taxi stops at 5 or 6, which was ok with us, since we had early seating for Dinner, but try to get back to the boat by 6. The taxi drivers normally charge 4 bucks per person, but after 6,they increase their prices since the jitney and water taxi is no longer running.
Don't Miss: Atlantis!! also stop by the straw market for cheap souveniers. I got 4 nassau t-shirts for 10.00. You can probably get them cheaper if you want to haggle with the natives.