Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Best way to spend our honeymoon

Sail Date: January 13, 2008

The food was great, entertainment the best, the drink service and servers were almost perfect. Getting to and from the airport was easy. Getting on the ship was fast. The directions and needed information(especially maintenance problems and how to debark at ports directions) were in need of improvements.

Pros: The selection of things to do.

Cons: The flight home was dlayed and the airline service was no help, unproffessoinal.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The only complaint I have is that they would always have bingo before each performance. That meant sitting in with the bingo to get a good seat or hope that you got a seat from someone leaving after bingo.That rarely happened.
Didn't have my child on board, but from what I seen, I would be happy to have put a 5 to 10 year old in there program.
accessibility to bathrooms on some decks was a problem.Bathrooms on the pool deck were bad in the mens room. Womens was too small to accomidate demand.
Quite impressed with everything.
The bed was a bit tough, but everything else was top notch.
The only problem I had was waiting 10 minutes for a coke at one bar that was not busy and 2 bartenders looked at me with my card in hand and ignored me.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
An expensive port to see. Everything is beyond walking distance. Taxis were expensive and not a lot of time to do much due to travel time. The at port shops were nice with friendly merchants.
The maps and accessibility to everything was great. The shops were as nice as shopping at home. Some were too pricy considering the value of the U.S. dollar in the other shops. Paradise Island is a must see, especially Atlantis. A cab for $4.00 one way is worth it, or a water taxi for viewing between the islands is best for $6.00 round trip.
Don't Miss: Atlantis