Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Holiday Cruise

Sail Date: December 13, 2007

My family and I took this cruise as a break from the "stresses" of the holiday. We had a great time. The activities were just enough to keep you busy if you wanted to be. The food was excellent. Overall, we had a very positive vacation.

Pros: Loved the food, service

Cons: spa

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The ship was decorated for Christmas which really made this trip even more special. The ship is a little dated, but very clean. Our cabin was a little "tight" but there was four of us bunking in.
We were four in ocean view cabin. A little "tight", but plenty of storage and good sized bathroom.
My eleven year old loved her group. I felt it could be more organized and the staff was not very "energized" compared to our previous cruises (10+)
The food was really good. The dining room was very nice and staff was very professional. We only dined in the buffet for breakfast and felt it was good. The poolside grill was great.
Our room steward and dining room team were fantastic.They always remembered our names and had a smile for us.
The holiday show was wonderful and was just what we needed. The late night comedy act was nothing more than cursing. VERY DISSAPOINTED in the spa. I booked spa appointments for a few members of my family because i got a "good deal". I should have remembered that you get what you pay for. I had my facial in a "salon chair" with 3 men sitting in salon chairs next to me. Not relaxing, no privacy.
Never really impressed with Nassau, dirty and pushy.
Don't Miss: The Pirate Museum, so much fun