Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fantastic Cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

This was our first cruise with my husband and 2 kids ages 3 & 5. I heard this ship was built in 1994? and renovated in 2006. I really do not having anything to compare this ship to. We liked the ship

Pros: Camp Carnival

Cons: Getting off the ship takes a very long time

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

My husband did not bring any long pants. I did not think we would be going to the formal dinner. I changed my mind and did not want to pay $35 to rent pants. I asked one of the guys working on our floor if my husband could borrow his pants and he said yes!
Loved our room. We had a penthouse with a balcony. It seems like they made up our room almost every time we left. The only problem we had was that when you took a shower, there was some leakage on the floor, there is a drain on the floor. It wasn't a big deal and we did not say anyhing.
Loved the comedian, Las Vegas type show. The final night was a tribute to the 80's, which was great.
LOVED Camp Carnival. Great staff. They saved our life. My husband and I were able to enjoy an excursion together. We enjoyed dinner and the night shows just by ourselves without the kids
Overall the layout was fine. The swimming pool seemed small. With all the people on ship, it seemd pretty clean.
The main dining room food was good, nice atmosphere. Loved the dinning room crew assigned to our table for dinner time. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The 24 hour pizza was great.