Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Vegas on water

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Overall, a comfortable and fun cruise. This was my first, so I don't have much to compare it too. I am very happy with the cruise for the cost, I think I got more than I paid for. The ship had some good basic ammeneties, great gym and spa, great food, lots of space on deck to hang out.

The crowd was really mixed.. some newlywed couples.. lots and lots of families with children, some elderly couples. The entertainment was broad for the crowd... parties on deck, and bingo in the entertainment room.
The decor was pretty outdated though.. lots of purple and lights, andf badly patterened carpet and fabric in the lounge. If you don't care about atmosphere much.. it's great

Pros: Great excursions, clean ship, fantastic food in the dinig room

Cons: the decor was a bit vegas lounge.. the feel of the enterainment matched at times

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

The ship, while dated, was always clean.. the housekeeping was amazing, cleaning the room at least twice a day. They kept the decks clean.. and at the buffet/grill, table are cleaned constantly.
The dining room menus were incredible, the food just as amazing, and the wine list was pretty good.
The buffet food on the decks was ok.. better than your average buffet, but nothing compared to the dining room
Excursions were fantastic! We went snorkeling and kayaking. On board, the shows were medium quality. The dance/veriety shows pretty good for what they were. Lots of games and raffles.. a casino, duty free shopping, and kareoki.
I think the room was great for what we paid.. we had a big window. The space was definitely adequate and the housekeeping staff seemed to work overtime, the room and deck was always clean and well kept.
Ship staff was freindly and eager to help. We never needed much, but anytime we needed something, they were quick to help.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We didin't spend much time here, so really all I got to do was the snorkel and kayak. We kayaked to a tiny island off the coast and then snorkeled around it... it was really The port itself didn't hold very good shopping.. lots of tourist stuff..
Don't Miss: snorkel.. the water is clear and the fish are beutiful!
We did spend more time here. I loved the catemeran snorkeling trip.. the port itself and crowded and a bit dirty. Careful for scams. The strawmarket is crowded and the items there are no different than at the surroundsing shops. Lots of straw purses and knock off purses. Unfortunately, most items for sale were made in China, not Nassau. Save for the rum cake :) I wish I would have more inland and done some exploring.
Don't Miss: I loved the snorkeling.. but everyone on the ship was raving about Atlantis