Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good time by all....

Sail Date: May 20, 2007

Our family really enjoyed the cruise, but I would recommend traveling with another family with children of similar ages. This will give you compatible dinner guests and companions for other activities. Our boys are four years apart and didn't want to hang out together or participate in the planned teen activities.

At dinner, we sat with a couple in their late 50's/early 60's and another in their late 70's (guessing). They were very pleasant company, but not a preference for teenage guys.

Pros: Meals

Cons: Missing shows because they weren't family friendly

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

I was disappointed that one show was announced as rated a strong PG-13 due to costuming and content. Because our boys are 14 and 18, we decided to try it. We left within five minutes and felt we were cheated. I thought the costumes were inappropriate on another night's show as well. The shows we saw were very good. We just feel that a family altnerative should be available every night. I'm an adult, and I don't want to see a show that isn't appropriate for all audiences.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I don't recommend a catamaran snorkeling adventure unless you're very experienced. For beginner, consider one of the island snorkel tours instead. We did see beautiful fish even though the water was rough.
Our excursion was cancelled due to the weather. We also didn't schedule until the night before, so we didn't get our first choice. Plan and schedule ahead.
Don't Miss: Atlantis. Cab fair was $4 per person each way. Well worth it.