Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Hope this review helps!!!!

Sail Date: March 22, 2007

Nearly every employee we passed smiled & greeted us in some way. They were all very friendly to my 5 year old daughter, asking her about her trip & if she was enjoying herself. Our room steward & dinners servers took excellent care of us. I did notice that when we first boarded & were sitting on the deck we were asked SEVERAL times if we would like a drink & we hadn't even made it to our room yet. We still had carry on luggage in tow. The next day while sitting at the pool, wanting a drink, we had to go to the bar to get our own even though servers walked right by us. Everything about the cruise was great but I will NEVER book through again.

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

We had a nice size room with a bed that folded down from the wall. It would have been nice to have a little more table space since there is only 1 little bitty desk.
We didn't really use this much. I would have liked some activities that involved the entire family instead of separating the kids & adults.
My daughter only attended Camp Carnival 1 night. I didn't really want to leave her there but she really wanted to stay. She had a good time & got to play with some kids her own age.
95% of the staff was very friendly. Our room steward made sure he called my daughter by her name every time he saw her. Our service in the dining room was excellent. The photographers were good for the most part, although there was 1 that seemed to be rushing us & there was noone else waiting.
It gets easier to move about the ship the longer you are on board. It would have been nice to have a better mapping system for each floor posted by the elevators & not just what was on that particular floor.
We celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday the first night so I purchased a cake & they sang to her. That Saturday was my mom's b-day. I didn't purchase a cake but they did bring her a piece & sang to her also. Our servers also took my daughter each time they danced so she could dance with them. The food was very good although I would like to have seen Lobster on the menu the last night in addition to or instead of the first night. All my meals were good. Our waiter made good recommendations.
We went to Blackbeards Beach & had a blast. The straw market is very "interesting" but very crowded & everyone is of course very pushy trying to sell their stuff. I wouldn't really recommend this for people with small children.