Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A wonderful cruise

Sail Date: February 25, 2007

Loved the cruise. Would rather have taken an excursion to Lucaya Park than shopping.Not a lot of good response to the shopping excursion. The bus driver "Raymond" was very good. The snorkeling excursion very good in Nassau. The ship was fine. Everything seemed to be in good order. Just the odors in the hallways. Daily guide didn't always agree on times or event listed not occurring.We enjoyed the cruise very much and will likely cruise again with Carnival. This was our second cruise and much better than the first.

Pros: choices of food and entertainment

Cons: lack of dance for older adults, overlap on time of activities

Recommends Carnival Sensation? Yes!

very clean looking but foul odors in hallways and bathroom. Ship size fine. Layout seemed normal to me. If you have music in the Mirage you need a place to dance out of the walking path. Room easily accessed.
food always warm, service could not have been better, waiters entertaining
hard to make dining on time. it would be hard regardless of the time because you are always doing something
bed was great, service wonderful, everything was always done but never saw anyone, cabin was roomy and plenty of storage. I would have liked to have ice late in the day to keep til early morning.Good location.
Dining room waiter (Percival) could not have been better. Went well above and beyond. I got motion sickness the first night out and was unable to eat dinner but every night after he made sure everything was wonderful and always asked if I was okay. Very thoughtful. Sonya also was very friendly and seemingly working an area not assigned to her but having fun and helping guest enjoy themselves/
Some activities overlapped diner. Excursions all overlapped. Plenty to do but there was no dancing for the older generation. No country music on board. I would like to have had more dance lessons. The one class to line dance was very good but where do you go to try it? Shows really good. the last show "Far from over" was unbelievably good. Cruise director very funny. Newlywed game funny.
snorkeling was terrific at pearl island, the boat ride was great. nothing is a waste of time. did not eat on the island. I love Nassau and never have enough time to see everything. It was my second trip there.
Don't Miss: Atlantis, Pearl Island snorkeling
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Shopping was just okay. I'm not a big shopper anyway. We walked over to the beach and it was beautiful. It was great to see the island and be told about it. I would rather see the parks but unable to ride bikes or Kayak. Nothing was a waste of time. Didn;t eat there, was unsure if it was safe.