Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

Great Time!!

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

Traveled with a "newbie" and 2 crusiers from other lines. This was my THIRD with Carnival. All ladies escaping the daily grind of work. Overall, I was pleased with everything. This was the first time I ordered roomservice...I should have done that on the 1st cruise...I missed out on a wonderful opportunity to be served! I will remember to do that more next time...and there will be a next time.

Pros: Food, activities, ports of call...everything

Cons: Leaving the ship at the end of my vacation

As said before the room attendant was great. The dining room server, "Sammy" was great! He entertained us each night. Our table of 8 ladies we taken care of very well. We had 2 birthday's and they sang to them (2 different nights)! He knew that we liked dessert and encourged us to try them!
I have sailed on the sister ships so I was familiar with the layout of the ship. My traveling commpanions were quick to find their way around also.
Can you say the "Chocolate Warming Cake" was the best? It was great. The steak was cooked perfectly, the lobster was great, the shimp cocktails were delious! The only thing NO ONE liked was the Beef Wellington...UGH! The food on the Lido deck was good. Pizza! Sandwiches were made as special orders (extra meat, toasted and add cheese) were delious! The desserts up on the Lido deck were great too!
Met the stateroom attendant once. Told them we would need ice in a medical ice chest 2 times a day...HE NEVER FORGOT! It was great not to have to track him down for ice. We moved the bed (to the opposite wall) to give us more room (last year the room configuations were I duplicated it). We were happy that our cabins (we had 2) were next door to each other (we didn't book until the week before).
I loved the shows! My friends loved the karaoke and the lounges. The Captain's reception was great! Having the late dinner seating was not our favorite, as we missed somethings we wanted to do, but we managed to see and do what we wanted. The pools were great, we rode the slides and checked out the hottub/jacuzzi (on all decks). We participated in the contests, several of them, played putt-putt, went to the art auction, went to the towel folding class and many other things. If you didn't see something you liked to do you weren't looking too hard...there was something for everyone!