Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

1st cruise what a trip

Sail Date: June 15, 2006

We had our trip on the ship Sensation. It was truly better than I had expected. I had been reading a lot of reviews that were negative in their content and I was worried that I would be disappointed. All the neg reviews were unfounded in my view. When we arrived at the port we were on ship within 30min. The first place we went was to the Lido deck and had some great food while we waited for our cabin to be cleaned. All the staff at Carnival were extra friendly and we had a great experince from the very start. With the first taste of good food we knew that we were on of way for a fantastic vacation.

Pros: being pampered like a king

Cons: to much partying for our lifestyle

The schedule of some of the shows conflicted with your dining times and that caused some missed activities. We did get to see one production show that was truly fantastic. You had to look at the daily activities and choose what you wanted to do for the day. Planning is a must or you will miss some wonderful entertainment. All in all the entertainment and activities keep you busy.
The food on the ship was great. If you were hungry on ship it was your own fault. There was always somewhere to get something to eat. The formal dining was a real treat. I had to laugh because not knowing what all the forks and spoons were for after each part of the dinner our waiter took the items that were no longer needed. The waiter staff were wonderful in the way they pampered you and the way they served our food. My wife loved the fact that she could have as many lobster tails as she wanted. (She ate two). All the restrants on ship had great food with many choices to pick from. Don't plan on losing weight on a cruise!
We choose a ocean view room for our first cruise. When we arrived at our cabin it was larger that I thought it would be. The room had a bright decor and being able to look out the window and see the ocean was the best. We were in the middle of the ship and access to the elevators was close by. The beds were great. I sleep like a king. Next cruise we are planning to get a stateroom with a balcony.
The staff on the ship were great and always ready to give any help that you asked for. I felt some bar staff were to aggressive to get you to buy drinks. It took a while for them to realise you did not want a drink and stop pusing drinks on you. The room service was above what you could hope for. When asking for something to be delivered to your room you never waited over 15 min for food or service to arrive.
When we got on the ship we were amazed at the size and the decor was wonderful. Took a little while to learn the different places to go on the ship
We did not get to see much of nassau because we went on a snorkle adventure on pearl island. I was a little disappointed with that adventure. The food that was offered was bad and cost too much. The island in itself was really nice and had a nice beach to relax on. I think in the future I will spend more time in town shopping and site seeing. I did not feel the snorkle adventure was really as good as advertised.