Carnival Sensation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wow! Our best vacation ever!

Sail Date: May 28, 2006

My husband & I took our very first cruise, and now I can't wait to go on my next one. We're thinking of taking a cruise right after Christmas. The crew was fascinating to talk to because they were so friendly and were from all over the world. They literally made us feel like a king and queen.
We felt very pampered and haven't stopped talking about it since. I have e-mailed everyone in my address book about how wonderful it was and encouraged every single person to go on a cruise asap. I even told my family doctor and my pharmacist they must take their wives on a cruise this year.

Pros: The entire crew seemed to want to make the cruise very special for us.

Cons: the extremely loud music at the pool

I was amazed at all the variety on the dinner menus as well as the quality of the food, and how they served as many people as they did so quickly and still the "hot" food was hot. The servers were so entertaining each night, singing and dancing for us after dinner was served. Our servers at our particular table made us feel very special.
I cannot say enough about our stateroom. It was so comfortable and we slept so soundly, and it was so much larger than I ever imagined.
When I discovered my suntan lotion has "disappeared" I went to the lost and found dept. and asked if someone had perhaps turned in a lg. tube of Banana Boat sunscreen spf 30. The very kind "staffer" checked, and after she could not find my suntan lotion, she brought me another lg. bottle of spf 30 that she said was left behind on another cruise. I just thought this was so nice of her. She was so willing to help me, and I just felt so cared about.
The shows were excellent and all the movies on the tv were just super, so family oriented. All the variety you ever need. I was extremely impressed by the life jacket and lifeboat instruction given when we first got on the boat.
We walked downtown and ate at a Bahamian restaurant to get some authentic native food. It was wonderful. As a matter we walked just about everywhere, because we had heard it is so easy to gain lots of weight on a cruise. So, actually, I only gained 4 lbs. My husband gained a few more than I did, but of course, he ate a lot more than I did.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We had so much fun walking around Freeport; even the "taxi-bus" drivers were entertaining. The market is a must! We found so many items we found affordable to bring home to family and friends.