Excellent

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 09, 2017
Ship: Carnival Pride

Its been approximately 20 years since my last cruise and I have to honestly say, I shouldn't have waited so long. I traveled with my sister, her kids and my parents. My sister and I left our husbands at home and while we missed them, we still managed to have a wonderful time! The activities on the ship kept us entertained and we truly had a blast!

The food in the Normandie Restaurant is delicious and just the right amount..the service was quick and they really got to know us over the course of the week. The Lido buffet is decent..the eggs are clearly the boxed eggs which I don't typically care for, but they had alot of different options available, so I didn't have to just eat eggs in the morning. The pizza is some of the best I've ever eaten and available 24 hours a day. The best burgers in the world were on board also, at Guy's Burgers...WOW! The tacos? AWESOME! We ate at the steakhouse, at an added cost, one night and I've never had a better steak for the money!

I was pleasantly surprised! There is literally something for everyone!

Fabulous! Like mini-broadway shows each night!!! Our Cruise Director was Saffie and I can't imagine going on another cruise without her! She makes the ship!

Since we didn't utilize their programs, I can't comment.

OUTSTANDING! Iputu was our steward and he went above and beyond for my niece's birthday and on a daily basis! We truly felt like he truly cared about our comfort above all others..The rest of the staff throughout the ship was just as attentive to our needs! Our waitstaff in the dining room made us feel so special, we had a great time getting to know them all.

It's a little older, but still quite grand. I wish the Waterworks didn't sit directly above Serenity...how serene is it to sit beneath a bunch of screaming kiddos as they have fun on water slides? Its still pretty serene, compared to the other pools, but that was poor design.

Its a small cabin, especially for 4 people, but you aren't meant to be sitting in your cabin all day anyway...you are expected to be out and about on the ship, they encourage it by offering prizes and gifts to those that do participate. We were fine, except for when you are trying to get 4 people ready for formal nights in a room the size of some master bedroom closets! The cabin was cleaned daily and thoroughly. Our A/C went out one day, but the ship's staff did what they could to make us comfortable until they were able to get it fixed (and they did, very quickly). The boat was a bit more of a rocky ride down low and near the back of the ship, but overall it wasn't bad. We didn't get seasick, but there were people on the ship that did on 2 of the 7 days...We did hear the stabilizers during the night, but it didn't bother us much..the sounds from the galley could be noticed during the early morning hours, but not so much during the day.

Going again next year! Its a great ship overall!!! Baltimore gets you right up close to the ship, no shuttles or long walks! Stay mid ship...you won't feel the movements of the ship as much...bring some motion sickness meds for any possible rough days at sea.

Don't line up too early, they will send you away.
Margaritaville has a large pool and swim up bar...what more do you need? For the row of beach loungers up close near the water, they'll charge you...go a row or two back and you'll be fine...those loungers are FREE! If its a hot day, stay out of the loungers with the shade attached to them...there isn't any air flow...you'll sweat like a stuck pig!
No need to waste your money on excursions, the beach is all you need. Rent a raft and some scuba gear, you'll be fine.
I got off the ship and did some shopping b/c its economically depressed, however, they do harass you a little to "step inside"...either book an excursion or stay on the ship unless you MUST grab a few souvenirs. Be prepared to not spend too much...leave your credit cards and most of your money on-board.