Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

lackluster carnival cruise

Sail Date: January 10, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The trip was fine if you are a first time cruiser but being that we took this exact cruise 3 years ago we were not happy with several of the changes. 3 yrs ago the we had more dining options and the were open more often. The cruise seemed like you had to pay for more then you did last time and the quality was lackluster. Our kids enjoyed exploring the boat and our 4 year old loved camp carnival when he would go. We love spending time with our boys so they were with us much of the time. I recomend the hasboro show the boys loved it and if thay are up for wild and crazy they will surely get picked to go up on stage. The shows were not as fun nor as exciting for the boys or myself. They have bingo daily but be ready to shell out some cash to play. The last time we went we could pay cash for our drinks at the casino but this time everything went on your sail and sign card and make sure you use a regular credit card and not your bank card. We switched the card half way through the cruise however i still have charges on both cards even though they were never to have charged the first card. I will also mention that be careful if you are walking the deck from the lido deck as there is a bar between the two pools and when it rains the tile near the bar is extreamly slippy even though it is under roof. On of my sons slipped going through the door and smashed his eye off the sliding doors. I also slipped but was able to catch myself. When i spoke to the front desk about the issue and asked if the could put an indoor outdoor carpet down they basically said no you'll have to be careful. I was less worried about me however we were traveling with my 90 year old grandmother and i was very concerned for her needless to say we kept her off that side of the deck.

The cabin was fine overall but we initially told we had an extended balcony but it was not.
Camp carnival was fantastic but the ship was lacking in other children activities and at times it felt like people we annoyed when the kids wanted to participate in cornhole and some of the other activities.
The lido deck closed to much and guy's burger which by far was one of the best and our children loved closed at 5ish everyday. It would have been nice to have it open for dinner or a late night snack.
Baltimore, Maryland
Port Canaveral, Florida
If you are looking for a great place to let your kids swim the public beach is a short walk and there is a tiki bar that does all you can drink for 30 dollars the also provide you an umbrella and chairs.