Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

No sleep = No fun

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

Ship was nice enough appearance-wise. One big problem though: Our stateroom was located very close to a bar that had a live rock band playing until 1AM almost every night. Being kept awake by the musical stylings of Journey and Skynard night after night\, coupled with the staff dragging furniture around (HONNNNNNKKKK) at 6AM pretty well ruined the trip. I've never had a problem like this on other cruise lines. The layout of the common/entertainment areas and/or the sound insulation is terrible.

The guest services desk offered us complimentary earplugs which did nothing\, and later offered to refund 20% of our cruise price. That helps\, but I would have much preferred to pay the price that I agreed to and get a decent night of sleep. We really missed out on doing much of anything fun in port becuase we were both exhausted.

Another minor beef: Carnival automatically applies the customary tip amounts to your on-board card account. This is done on the second day of the cruise\, so at that point\, how do I really know if anybody deserves a better (or not so great) tip? Secondly\, how do I know if the people serving me are getting that tip or if the cruise line is taking a big chunk of it? I much prefer to hand them cash at the end of the week.

Pros: Inexpensive

Cons: Being kept up until 1AM every night

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

It's a good looking ship to not sleep on.
Pretty standard cruise ship fare.
Larger than we've experienced with other cruise lines. A bit worn\, but servicable. A nice place to hang out and not sleep.
Mediocre. The main theatre exclusively featured the \"carnival pride dancers\" which wasn't really my thing. Comedians in the comedy club were OK. Kind of missed the variety acts that other cruise lines feature - magicians\, ventriloquist\, etc.