Overall, a satisfying experience

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Grand Turk (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 22, 2012
Ship: Carnival Pride
I was somewhat surprised to find images of nude women on the wall. The theme was Italian Renaissance and was mostly attractive, though at times, tacky. Parts of the ship such as the pool area were very crowded, but it was also easy to find niches that were very quiet for relaxing. I avoided all smoking areas (casino, Starry Night lounge, starboard side of open areas). Although I did not experience problems with smoking on balconies near mine, I could easily imagine this could be a problem.

The breakfast was nothing great because it was the same food every day. However\, there was a huge variety of food offerings at lunch and dinner. It didn't matter that the portions at the sit-down (formal) restaurant were somewhat small because I was able to order as many plates of food as I wanted. I was disappointed however that the matre de at the formal restaurant did not enforce the dress code.

The evening shows were very well done. There were also comedians and music all the time. However\, there were few planned activities that interested me during the middle of the day.

The counselor for the Circle C children's program (12-14 years old) was very lazy and was not engaging. There were also not enough planned activities. Most of the time\, my child hung out with other \"campers\" but did not engage in the Circle C activities.

The staff went out of their way to make me feel relaxed. On a humorous note\, the Cruise Director used the word \"Amazing\" to describe everything. I wanted to hand her a thesaurus.

The ship was impeccably maintained. For those familiar with Carnival Cruise Lines\, its layout is very similar to every other ship.

I had an extended balcony on Deck 7. Most nights\, I slept with the door open. The only negative was that the fan for the air conditioner was loud and there was no way to turn it off. Although it bothered me\, it did not bother the other two people in my stateroom.

Pros: The food was very good and the service was extremely good

Cons: Not enough scheduled activities during the daytime

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!