Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not as good as our last cruise.

Sail Date: May 27, 2012

The ship decor was not necessarily kid appropriate. I love art but having naked statues and men and women on the walls is not appropriate for small children, not to mention you don't want them in every photo. I guess we should have paid more attention to the decor descriptions prior to booking.
They had many activities for the children but they did not have appropriate security plans for them. My daughter who is only 12 was allowed to come and go as she pleased, there was no check in or out and the activities lasted up unitl the wee hours of the morning. Also, there is no curfew for children on the ship. There were 15 and 16 year olds who were allowed to stay out all night and entere the "over 21 only" area to mingle with the adults. I found this very disturbing. Because of this reason we were having to constantly look for our son whom a group 0f 18 year old girls had found interest in.
The gratutity of $80 per person was added to our bill and an additional 15% gratutity was added to every drink we bought from the bar, even soda. I found that this was ridiculous. The $80 was for every person with you even children. I don't know about most mothers but I think my stateroom stayed pretty clean while we were gone with the exception of needing new towels during the week. Of course when we complained we were allowed to remove the gratuities from the room and leave what we felt appropriate, but isn't that how it should be to begin with?
The staff was always pleasant, the food in the dining room was great and our experience overall was okay. I don't think I will sail Carnival again though. Our experience with other cruise lines was much more pleasant.

Pros: There were many activities for the kids

Cons: The gratuities were already added for you.

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

The food was always good. Not necessarily always hot but good. They did close the buffet dining too early.
They had excellent shows. The parties however didn't last very long. The Mardi Gras party was way too crowded in the area that they had it in and it only lasted a short period.
The activities and staff was excellent but the safety and security guidelines were not comfortable for me. I don't like not knowing where my child is and having to look for my child on such a big ship. With that many people on a ship it leaves too many doors open for bad things to happen to young children.
The stateroom was very nice, always clean, had plenty of storage for clothing etc.