Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

great vacation considering...

Sail Date: April 08, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The cruise ship was great after we got past the onboard credit issues that were part of the reservation. We originally booked our cruise directly through Carnival but wanted to take advantage of BJ's promotions as well. The promo with Carnival included $150 onboard credit. After being confirmed that credit would be there after the booking was transferred, I went ahead and went with BJ's. Our agent's name is Anthony Taylor. He assured me that on top of Carnivals promotion of $150 onboard credit, we would get an additional $50 onboard credit as well as a $100 BJ's gift card. What we got instead was $105 onboard credit upon arrival at the cruise ship. After calling several times to both the travel agents involved in the booking, I got no assistance. Just bad news. What was neglected to be informed was that we had to be premium BJ's members to receive the additional $50 credit.
I will never book our cruise through BJ's Vacations again after this inconvenience. That $100 gift card is really worth $75 after the fee I paid for transferring the booking from Carnival to BJ's.

Pros: the cruise ship

Cons: the missing onboard credit that was supposed to be part of the reservation

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!