Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not quite what we hoped for...

Sail Date: January 01, 2012

Ship was nice. I have been on about 3 other Carnival Cruises and felt that this was the least appealing in tone. The others felt really bright and fun. This one was ok. Ship felt clean.

Pros: Easy drive to ship from our house. Experiencing a variety of locations...

Cons: Rough seas, cold weather,

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

Size seemed smaller than other ships we have been on. It certainly looked narrower.
It has been a while since our last cruise. The food was good, but not what we remembered. We did David's steakhouse and that was really good. That caliber food was more like what we remembered in the main dining room. Overall it was a good experience. Staff did an excellent job.
I felt it was somewhat limited. The ship isn't huge, so there wasn't tons of things to do. The main event was food on most days.
We had a 4 and 7 year old with us. They really liked the Camp Carnival activities. Nice that you picked them up for lunch. We pretty much let them go there for the morning and then with us the rest of the day. Gave us all a break. Would have been nice if the pool had been heated the whole trip. Not sure why it was nice and warm some days (as it should be based on the temps) and cold most days. The day it was nice and warm outside, they only had 1 kid pool open. Not sure what was up with that. Overall, felt that the pool was probably the main attraction, but it was not managed well (especially the heat part). Would have made our trip more enjoyable if they had just taken care of this part.
Room was clean. Here is what i remembered most though...beds were beat. They were visibly sagging in the middle...I woke with a sore back more than once. Also, bigger deal...we experienced several rough days at sea. Also, lots of wind almost daily. Well to start with, the door to the balconey did not seal well at all. The wind wistled all night long. Then, with the boat rocking from side to side, the door to the cabin would sway back and forth making a load clicking sound over and over again. I eventually fixed this by tripling up a wash cloth and slamming the door on that. The bathroom also had the same type of problem. Needless to say, not a good nights sleep in most cases. We were glad to get back to our own bed to be able to sleep.
The staff did a great job. Although on the last day, I called the front desk and said that I was surprised that they didn't have the gym open the last morning. They were quite rude about it and almost hung up on me. I guess they didn't like the comment i made about it not being a great immpression to leave with that they would offer some paid services the last morning, but not the easy "free" ones..