Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A nice cruise, mostly at sea

Sail Date: December 18, 2011

Overall, this was a nice, large, attractive, pleasant ship with great accommodations, excellent food, and a friendly and professional staff. I wasn't as impressed with the entertainment and onboard activities, and was disappointed in how little time we were able to spend in ports of call, but that's simply the case when sailing from Baltimore. Also, it was December and cold on 2 of the 7 days as we headed south

Pros: The food, accomodations, and service were great

Cons: The onboard activities and entertainment were a little below expectation and there wasn't enough time in ports of call for my preference. Also not the best time of year (Dec) to sail from Baltimore (cold)

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

The comedy clubs and casino I enjoyed, but found the larger evening shows to be a bit boring and repetitive (just a series of song/dance medleys to different themes). I also was not happy with the hot tubs on the lido deck - the chlorine level was so high it started burning my eyes after 5 minutes). Would have liked to see some additional activity options like free bingo (all bingo was paid), additional exercise groups/classes, or other fun group activities and games
The main restaurant was fantastic (didn't try the steakhouse because always wanted to eat what was on the main dinner menu). The Mermaid Grille (buffet-style) on the Lido deck was also good, but would have liked slightly more options late-night. The quality of room service food was great, but the selection limited to salads and sandwiches.
Very nice room, comfortable, though a bit difficult to have much control over the air flow (wanted to turn off the air as I thought it was too dry, but was not an option)
Great staff, very friendly and professional
Excellent ship itself, very clean, well kept, attractive, large.