Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great Family Cruise!

Sail Date: August 28, 2011

We loved the ship's layout...everything was easily accessible and the ship was just the right size...not too big and not too small! The kids' clubs were very good, as well and despite the changed itinerary due to Irene, we liked all our excursions a lot.

Pros: Kids clubs, excursions, David's Restaurant and the ship's layout

Cons: Some of the crew weren't the friendliest and the food was good but not great.

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

The cabin stewards and our waiters were excellent! However, I thought most of the rest of the crew to be just average...not overly friendly...just so so....I wouldn't say any were rude..but I did feel at times that some would rather be anywhere but where they were!
Good. There was a lot of variety on the dining menu and at the buffets, but it was not always the best quality. The great quality can be found at David's, the on-board steak restaurant, for a nominal $30 fee. My husband's comment to me at the steakhouse was that he expected the food to be somewhere in between David's and what we got in the dining room. I think that is a great assessment.
Very nice ship!
The cabins were roomier than I thought they were going to be. Also, there is PLENTY of storage space. You do not need to bring an over the door organizer with you. I took one and never even took it out! The cabin stewards are GREAT!
Lots to do for EVERYONE at EVERY age.
Okay I would have given their programs 6 smiley faces but one incident held me back from doing so and that was a miscommunication between my daughter and a staff member. She told my 11 year old that there wasn't a "night owl" program one night and kicked everyone out at 9:45...well, my husband and I expected that she was staying for the late program and so did she, so she ended up walking around the ship alone looking for us. Luckily, she was smart enough to go back to the stateroom and wait for us there. It was traumatic for her and us to say the least. It turned out that there was indeed a night owl program that evening just like it said on all the schedules! I was upset, of course, and called the club right away. The director was apologetic but not much more. DESPITE that, though, the kids clubs were really great and both our daughters (11 & 13) loved them and made lots of new friends there. I do think the staff needs better training, though.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
We were here for too short of a time. I wish it was longer. We didn't visit Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay because of Irene. We did go to Nassau and the don't miss activity there would definitely be the dolphin programs and beach day at Blue Lagoon Island...IT was AWESOME!!
Don't Miss: snorkeling and shopping