Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Family Cruise with 20 something kids

Sail Date: December 19, 2010

The Pride is beautiful. The crew and staff were beyond excellent. They went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. Christmas was festive and fun. The food was excellent, 5 out of 5 for every meal in Normandie and David's Steakhouse is worth the extra money. A true dining experience. The port days were just ok weather wise. Best day was Freeport and I wish we had a full day there. Better environment than Nassau which was busy and bustling and not relaxing at all. Cape Canaveral day was a b. Lots of walking.

Pros: Not having to fly to port

Cons: Nassau day

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

Exceptionally clean and EXCEPTIONAL food.
A+ fir the food. From starters to desserts it was really excellent.
We had both a stateroom with a balcony and an interior room and were pleased with both.
Our evening steward was awesome. Loved all the towel animals. Sweet touch we all looked forward to. ALL the crew were polite and exceptional. NOt one bad example in 7 days. Have never said that about another vacation before.
We participated in more activities than I though I would. And enjoyed them all. There was always something to do. My young adult children were not bored by any means.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Family went snorkeling which they loved and I took a 5$ cab each way to Lucaya and loved it. THe beach there was awesome. Lots of good shopping and pleasant places to eat. Wished many time we had more time there. Would pass on either of the other ports to have that!
Don't Miss: Try to fit in eyerything!
Port Canaveral, Florida
Went to Ron Jon's and the beach. Ate at the SandBar which was delicious.
It was cool and cloudy this day. I would pass on Atlantis unless you are going to spring for big bucks. Went to the Wyndham which was a nice beach but not a good buffet for the money. Took a public bus back and saved a ton of money.