Good cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Grand Turk (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 03, 2010
Ship: Carnival Pride
See details below.

Food was good. Quantity was what would be expected on a cruise ship. The closing of some of the buffet lines at certain times was inconvenient. The David's Restaurant was a disappointment. 3 in our party ordered the fillet...2 were tough and chewy. The food is approximately what you can get in the dining hall. More Creme Brulet is need in the dining hall!! This is a top quality dessert and should not be limited to once per cruise!!

The rating above is based on the comments only. All other "entertainment" is average.
The dance shows were superb. I have never seen better in the 6-7 cruises we have been on.
Tommy Drake, the comedian, was excellent (PG show...we did not attend the R shows). The other comedians on the cruise were no where near his quality.

Reasonable, but then I'm not the kind that is inclined to "socialize" with the ship's company. One thing I noted...for the first time in many cruises, I never saw the Captain. Usually he makes a dining room appearance. Maitre D' was not the friendliest person, but, again, that's okay with me.

The ship is ready for re-hab. Some of the furnishings are showing their age. The decors is not something I would have take the cruise for, but it is correct to it's theme. The condition of the ships superstructure is very good. The number of rust spots are very limited and small. Some previous reviews made note of areas being inaccessible...this was not the case on this trip.

The room was excellent, clean, bright and comfortable. The steward and his assistant were perfect. The steward was attentive, but not overly so. The assistant was pleasant and did his job so well that we were not aware of his activity.
Don't Miss: Swimming with the dolphins or dolphin encounter
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
Took private tours.
Don't Miss: Astronaut museum.

Pros: The dance shows. Usually not my favorites; these shows were of top quality. Primary singers were fabulous. Dancers were Broadway quality.

Cons: Re-arranging of the 9th level deck chairs at 3:00 AM. If your room is on the 8th deck, this becomes a problem which is not remedied even with calls to the Service Desk

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!