Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Time Cruiser!

Sail Date: August 29, 2010

My overall review of the ship was excellent. I applaud the staff for trying to make the best out of an extended stay onboard because of the weather. My only complaint is that I believe some level of compensation should have been extended to guests since we missed two of our port of calls. We received $10 for not going to Freeport but that hardly makes up for what should have been 3 days in the Bahamas. Further, Carnival should monitor more closely the affiliation with offshore excursions. We paid $40 for beach excursion and the service provided was worth $15 at the most -- and that would be for transportation alone Very meager accommodation -- borderline ripoff. Bus drivers was a pervert, the beach was all but non-existent and the free drink was a plastic cup of fruit punch.

Pros: I was most impressed by the stateroom attendants and dining room staff. All provided one-of-a-kind customer service and the stateroom room was immaculate. Comedy club and singles club were good.

Cons: Because of the Hurricane Earl, what was to be 3 days at individual islands in the Bahamas turned out to be rerouting to PORT CANAVERAL, FLORIDA, 4.5 hours on the beach in Nassau, and 5 confining days on the ship when our last port was cancelled. We received a nominal $10 refund.

Recommends Carnival Pride? Yes!

The most notable was the lush and ornate decorations. Beautiful colors and paintings. Excellent theme decor for specific areas. The ship was clean and well kept. The only problem noted was that a number of public restrooms were out of order consistently. Loved the different towel sculptures every day. The interactive TV service in stateroom was great.
Stateroom was immaculate. Staff was quick and efficient in cleaning and setting up twice daily.
The food in the dining room was good. Great selections available for appetizer, entree and dessert. Quality of food was great. Great flavors. Olaf, our waiter, was the best. Remembered our names from the first night! Loved the musical productions performed by the dining room staff...nice touch!
Most staff were great...friendly and helpful. Some behind the counter in self-service area were a bit cold and abrupt.
Loved the Comedy Club, Art Auction, and Singles Club. My only drawback was that there were not enough unique activities to keep me busy with the extended ship time.
Grand Turk Island
Went to Nassau.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Never saw it. Rerouted home early.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Never saw it. Rerouted to FLORIDA!!!!