Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Very disappointing

Sail Date: June 01, 2010

The gaudy theme of the ship was overdone. It was clean, but the buffet restaurant was set up so that if you wanted a little of everything you needed to wait through 6 buffet lines. The rooms were fine. The cruise director I only saw on TV, entertainment was poor.

Pros: housekeeping of the rooms

Cons: Food service, entertainment,shore excursion

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.

The cruise directors staff was the worst I have seen and could learn a lot from those on RCL. Norgegian, or Princess. I asked a staff member in the Internet cafe if the ship had daily news summerins like the other cruise lines. He said no and suggested I suscribe to the high priced internet to get the news. On the sixth day of the cruise I finally spotted one of the daily news summerys he said they did not have.
The shows were the worst I have seen on a cruise ship. The bingo often consisted of one game. You got in line to pay for the game, waited 20 minutes to play the 5 minute game, then left. The TV reception consisted of about 6 channels advertixsing the ship, a few Denver channels and CNN news. There was no Fox News and ESPN was only available in the sports bar. The shore excursion that was suposed to last 4 1/2 hours waisted the first 40 minutes standing on the pier in 95 degree heat, then following the guide 1/2 mile to the bus. On the way back, the bus purposely stopped a couple blocks further away to force you by more of the local shops.
They did a fairly good job here. My only real complaint was that anything I left on the night stand including book, glasses, alarm clock, etc. was every day moved to the couch. The room steward did a good job, and while not overly outgoing or friendly tried to help us when he could.
The main dinner dining room was OK. The meat tended to be over cooked. A "mediun well" came out very very well done, a medium would come out rare. We had birthday cake on our group of 11. The ice cream came out melted after the cake was eaten, followed by coffee. Our waiter recommended trying the main dining room for breakfast. Four of us ordered the Belgium waffles with strawberries. They all came out cold with little plates containing three strawberries. They should train at IHOP. In the buffet the trays are snatched from your table with your food if you go up to get a coffee. While there is some fruit punch at breakfast (POG) the only drinks at lunch are overly strong lemonade or ice tea. Never a carving station at lunch. One in our party ordered a Denver Omelet from room service and had to tell the peopole what it was.
Too much gaudy trim all over the boat. The covered promenade had absolutely no chairs to sit outside and read. The library was only open one hour a day.