An OK First Cruise

Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 06, 2010
Ship: Carnival Pride
I was very disappointed with this cruise. There were 4 in our party and it was for my daughter's college grad gift so I wanted everything to be wonderful. Embarkation proved to be very frustrating and by the time I got on the ship my excitement and spirits were definitely dampened and I was angry! We stood at the embarkation desk for almost 30 minutes as others on both sides of us came and went without any hitches. They couldn't find our Sail & Sign Cards and wanted to know if we had registered late. I told her I had registered for the first stateroom at the end of January and paid for and registered for the second stateroom by March...so no it wasn't a late registration. We were then told the card machine was broken and we'd have to get our cards on board after saying they've never experienced this before where they could not find the Sail & Ship cards! We were then given labels with our names & room numbers on them to show when we got onboard. Well, we were detained by the people getting onboard asking why we had those and that they had never seen this before! By now we're feeling quite like the criminals with all attention brought to us!!!!!! They did let us onboard finally and we had to go to the Desk Services and finally get a Sail & Sign card!!!! Finally after about the 3rd night of sailing our Stateroom Steward made our bed and left us a towel animal which we'd seen advertised...I had been telling people that I hadn't seen any pampering as of yet like advertised and was waiting! I was very letdown by this beginning experience and feel someone needs to know!

This is about the only thing I can say was the best on the ship...the servers were wonderful.

The port is in a very industrialized part and was just an OK view...very bad smell, too! We did go snorkeling on a catamaran and that was great!
Don't Miss: snorkeling
Not alot on the island and hard to get away from the heat! We did parasail and that was great!
Don't Miss: Parasailing
We did the horseback riding by land and sea and it was awesome. We loved Margaritaville afterwards.

Pros: The Restaurant Servers were Wonderful

Cons: The Stateroom person was just OK - not much pampering until 3rd night of cruise

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.