Great Cruise Out of Baltimore!
Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Caribbean
Ship: Carnival Pride
Cabin Type: Balcony
Traveled As: Family (older children)
Reviewed: 7 years ago
* The staff was very friendly and helpful.
* Overall the decor was beautiful. Lots of Renaissance art reproductions (even details of paintings blown up and covering an entire wall). A big reproduction of Michaelangelo's David in the specialty dining room that was very popular with the ladies and some of the men.
* The glass staircase that went over the top of a 10 story open atrium was beautiful, though pretty startling for those of us who are afraid of heights (looking down and seeing straight through to the bottom was scary!)
* Very good food. This is one area where I think Carnival has always slightly outshined the other lines I have been on (Costa, RCCL, and Celebrity). The food in the specialty restaurant was just WOW. The steak was one of the best I've ever had.
* Passengers were all very nice and friendly. This was especially good for my mother as she will just burst into long conversations with anyone that makes eye contact with her and
* Malfunctioning computer systems in casino kept me from gambling on the second evening.
* Slightly dirty room on arrival.
* Interactive system in the room for checking your account balance and signing up for excursions did not work much of the time either due to not being able to handle a lot of people or being totally out of commission.
* Lettering on signage was in color changing fiber optics. There was no excuse for this for a ship built in 2001. That has been out of date and tacky since the mid-90's (and it is debatable if it was ever not tacky).
* No one serving drinks at the buffet. We've become a little spoiled for this on RCCL and Celebrity.
* Poor layout of the public bathrooms. For example, one soap dispenser installed for a sink for four which makes for awkward reaching. A hand-drying machine located directly behind a urinal so you have to stand right behind someone peeing to dry your hands.
* No hand towels in the bathroom, I hate the blow-dry things.
* Not enough staff to keep things clean and things fully stocked at all times. This includes bathrooms, beverage stations, etc.
Pros: service, decor, food