Carnival Pride Cruise Review to Mexico

Average Experiance

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

My Wife and I and our children have cruised many times, I lost count after 13 or so cruises. I have cruised with Carnival two times before and felt like I was on a budget ride. Our gratuities were put on our tab the very first day, I did not see our room steward until the third day and did not have good room clean up until after that. Most of the time our room was not made up until after 2:00 in the afternoon.

Food was good but the choices were limited and I felt they pulled back on any choices that went out of the normal eating experience ie you could have steak or chicken or salmon.

Ship was clean, I thought that the main show lounge looked cheap.

Pools were fun.

Pursers desk was rude.

Now to what actually I want to talk about, and this should tell you allot about how you (might) be treated.

What actually frosted my trip was that I (went on line at carnival.com) to rent my Tuxedo (so it came from them) and on the second night I found that my second shirt did not fit. I put back on the shirt from the first night., his would not have been a problem and I was not that upset. What upset me was what followed and the total lack on Carnivals part to rectify the problem in a SIMPLE manor.

Fast forward... I asked carnival to refund that shirt, I felt that was a very reasonable offer. I was told that the Tuxedo came from a off ship source and that they could not do anything.... Keep in mind I rented the shirt from carnivals website, it was not important to me that they outsourced it. It took me numerous calls to corporate offices and one month to receive a refund of $25.00. I was so put off that they could not take care of it on the ship and pushed me off to corporate offices that I canceled my next years cruise (which I had paid $1500 deposit on). I would never loose $7000.00 + on a future cruise over a $25.00 screwup, this behavior was amazing to me. Carnival wrote me a letter stating how sorry they were but no one seemed to be able to just refund what was originally done wrong.

I have had many pleasant experiences on other cruise lines not in the Carnival family.

Pros: Our Waiter

Cons: Carnival Corp.

Recommends Carnival Pride? No.